- American Board of Surgery 2008
- University of Delaware, 1996; Eugene DuPont Scholar, cum laude
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, 2003
General Surgery Residency:
- University of Washington, 2008
Surgical Oncology Fellowship:
- University of Toronto, 2010
- Susan J. Mellette Scholarship (2000); merit-based scholarship to medical student with oncology interest
- Eugene DuPont Distinguished Scholar (1992-1996); full scholarship to University of Delaware Honors Program
- Director, Novant High-risk cancer clinic
- Director, Surgical Oncology, Lynn Cancer Institute, Boca Raton, Florida
- Commission on Cancer / American College of Surgeons Cancer Liaison Physician for Lynn Cancer Institute of Boca Raton Regional Hospital (2010 – 2012)
- Surgical lead on multidisciplinary GI and cutaneous oncology conferences at Lynn Cancer Institute (2010-2012)
- Peer review committees for Boca Raton Regional Hospital (2010 – 2012) and Delray Medical Center (2012)
- Society of Surgical Oncology (2008 – present)
- American Board of Surgery (2008 – present)
- American College of Surgeons (2003 – present)
- American Medical Association
Research and Publications:
- Sharon E, Avin ID, Leong W. [Breast ductoscopy]. Harefuah. 2011 Feb;150(2):127-30, 206.
- Utility of sentinel lymph node biopsy in high-risk cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
Poster presentation at Association of VA Surgeons annual meeting 5/08.
Presented at Harkins Society annual UW resident research symposium 4/08.
- Cancer Research Training Award fellow at National Cancer Institute, Medical Genetics Branch (1998-1999). Basic science research into the function of the sil gene, a translocation product associated with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Breast cancer
- Endocrine surgery
- GI oncology
- Hepatopancreaticobiliary disease
- General surgery
Married. Enjoys exercise, outdoors, ballroom dance, greyhound rescue.