- American Board of Surgery, 1992; re-certification 2001
- Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, 1981-1985
- Wilford Hall US Air Force Medical Center, 1985-1990
- Fox Chase Cancer Center, Surgical Oncology, 1990-1992
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forest University,1985
- UpJohn Achievement Award, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake
Forest University, 1985
- Air Force Achievement Award, 1990
- Excellence in Surgical Education Award, Keesler Medical Center, 1994,
1995, and 1996.
- Novant Physician of the Year Award, 2009.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Southeast Surgical Congress, Fellow
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Mecklenburg County Medical Society
- Southern Medical Association
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Clinical Instructor in Surgery, Temple University School of Medicine, 1990-1992
- Chief of Surgical Oncology, Keesler Medical Center, 1992-1997
- Author or co-author of 9 journal articles, mainly focused on colorectal and hepatic malignancies
- General Surgery, Surgical oncology, advanced laparoscopic surgery.
- Coordination of multidisciplinary care and complex surgery for cancers
of the breast, liver, pancreas, gastrointestinal tract, endocrine glands,
soft tissue sarcomas, and skin, such as melanoma.
- Laparoscopic resections of liver, stomach, colon, and some pancreatic
- Less traumatic transhiatal esophageal resection.
- Open and laparoscopic radiofrequency ablation to extend boundaries to
treat liver tumors not amenable to classic resection.
- Married with two children. Enjoys family, exercise, worship, and sports.
I am so thankful for your presence on this planet. It has been 4 years since you have performed the Whipple surgery for my husband. Every time I look at the scar and marks for draining tubes on his chest, I am reminded of how grateful it is to have my entire family together.
His tumor was located when it was benign and your skillful hands, loving heart, and intelligence helped to restore him to better health.
This year, we celebrate our oldest daughter who received a full academic university scholarship to major in Biology and minor in Classics. In her personal essay, she recounts her dad’s health journey but spoke about your compassion, empathy, and skill in saving her father’s life. She said the way you treated her dad helped to solidify her desire to also become a doctor.
You will always be a part of our extended family. When our daughters get married (still many years away) we want you at their wedding so that you can watch my husband give his daughters away and know you helped to make that moment possible for our family.
We love you,
The Lee Family