- American Board of Surgery, 1992; re-certification 2001
- Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, 1981-1985
- Wilford Hall US Air Force Medical Center, 1985-1990
- Fox Chase Cancer Center, Surgical Oncology, 1990-1992
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forest University,1985
- UpJohn Achievement Award, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake
Forest University, 1985
- Air Force Achievement Award, 1990
- Excellence in Surgical Education Award, Keesler Medical Center, 1994,
1995, and 1996.
- Novant Physician of the Year Award, 2009.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Southeast Surgical Congress, Fellow
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Mecklenburg County Medical Society
- Southern Medical Association
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Clinical Instructor in Surgery, Temple University School of Medicine, 1990-1992
- Chief of Surgical Oncology, Keesler Medical Center, 1992-1997
- Author or co-author of 9 journal articles, mainly focused on colorectal and hepatic malignancies
- General Surgery, Surgical oncology, advanced laparoscopic surgery.
- Coordination of multidisciplinary care and complex surgery for cancers
of the breast, liver, pancreas, gastrointestinal tract, endocrine glands,
soft tissue sarcomas, and skin, such as melanoma.
- Laparoscopic resections of liver, stomach, colon, and some pancreatic
- Less traumatic transhiatal esophageal resection.
- Open and laparoscopic radiofrequency ablation to extend boundaries to
treat liver tumors not amenable to classic resection.
- Married with two children. Enjoys family, exercise, worship, and sports.