“Weight loss surgery has given
me and my family a new start.”
Why bariatric surgery?
Morbid obesity is as much a disease as diabetes or high blood pressure, and it should be treated as
such. Weight loss surgery has been shown to improve life expectancy and resolve a host of obesity
related ailments. No other treatment compares.
Bariatric surgery improves life expectancy
- Morbid obesity is a disease. It doubles the risk of premature death and reduces life expectancy by 9 years in women and 12 years in men.
- Morbidly obese people who do not have bariatric surgery are 2 times more likely to die prematurely from heart disease than those who have surgery. 1
- Bariatric surgery reduces the risk of all cancer diagnoses by 78%. 2
Bariatric surgery resolves a host of ailments
- An analysis of 22,094 patients from 136 different studies shows the following outcomes. 3
Bariatric surgery is the only viable treatment for morbid obesity
- When people need to lose more than 100 pounds, dieting and exercise alone is almost always
- Weight loss from medical management versus bariatric surgery in 4,047 patients. 4